Rags Pauline Tops August Digital Selected Sale
The August Digital Selected Sale closed Tuesday afternoon with 45 offerings sold for $500,900. Among those sold were racing prospects, broodmare prospects, and in-foal mares. Bidding initially opened on Thursday, August 25.
Rags Pauline (Hip 2), a young Union Rags mare offered in foal to Candy Ride (ARG), topped the sale when sold for $80,000 to Jack Hirsch. Rosilyn Polan’s Sunday Morning Farm consigned from their location in Versailles, Kentucky. Rags Pauline is a half-sister to Grade 2 winner Keen Pauline (Pulpit) and is carrying a foal bred on a similar cross to Unified, a three-time graded stakes winner and top-10 first-crop sire last year.
Agent Creed (Hip 12) was the sale’s leading racing prospect offered, selling for $65,000 to MV from the consignment Thorostock, agent. A four-year-old New York-bred gelding by Jimmy Creed, Agent Creed is a multiple winner with earnings of $101,797 to date. He was offered as a racing prospect from Monmouth Park in New Jersey.
Rounding out the top five prices were:
- Kilkea (Hip 26), a young stakes placed daughter of Blame carrying her first foal by Tacitus, sold for $50,000 to Jim Connor. She was consigned by Windylea Farm New from their location in Hoosick Falls, New York.
- Rosee Is Spicee (Hip 4), a three-year-old broodmare prospect by Speightstown, sold for $30,000 to Lenny Kohn. She was consigned by Nardelli Sales, agent, and located at Springwood Farm, Kentucky.
- ‘21 Delicate Lady (Hip 15), a yearling filly by Union Rags sold for $22,000 to Wellspring Stables. The filly was consigned by Daniel Pita Bloodstock Services, agent, from Morriston, Florida.
- Funny Enough (Hip 22), a five-year-old broodmare prospect by Will Take Charge, sold for $22,000 to Michelle Hemingway. She was consigned by Thorostock, agent, from their location in Ocala, Florida.
- Infinite Love (Hip 67), a three-year-old California-bred filly by leading California sire Stay Thirsty, sold for $22,000 to Rob Creighton. Offered as a racing/broodmare prospect, Infinite Love was the most expensive offering sold from the Lovacres Ranch Partial Reduction. She sold from her home base at Del Mar in California.
Buyers may still make offers on horses that failed to meet their reserve by visiting the sale page, then clicking "Make Offer" next to the horse they are interested in purchasing.
Full results are available online.
Upcoming Digital Sales
Glen Todd Dispersal Final Phase
September 22-29, 2022
Catalogue available soon
October Digital Selected Sale
October 6-11, 2022
December Digital Selected Sale
December 8-13, 2022
For more information on buying and selling at future Fasig-Tipton digital auctions, please contact Leif Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859-255-1555.