Stallion Share in Almanzor (FR), Graded Stakes Performer Bramble Berry Top March Digital Selected Sale
The March Digital Selected Sale – the first Fasig-Tipton Digital offering – closed Tuesday afternoon with 10 offerings sold for $856,000. Among those sold were a stallion share, racing prospects, broodmare prospects, and in-foal mares. Bidding initially opened on Thursday, March 17.
Top Stallion Share: Almanzor (FR) (Hip 8) for $250,000
Riviera Equine Saarl/Haras d'Etreham went to $250,000 on a share of popular young sire Almanzor (FR) (Wootton Bassett-GB).
Almanzor won five group stakes in 2016 on his way to European Champion 3YO Colt and Horse of the Year honors, including: in France, the Prix du Jockey Club (G1); in Ireland, the Irish Champion S. (G1); and in England, the Champion S. (G1). He earned more than $3,000,000 on the track.
Almanzor's first crop of foals are three-year-olds of 2022 and include juvenile stakes winner Dynastic (also G1 placed) and additional group stakes placed runners Andalus, Queen Trezy, and Saving Grace.
Top Racing/Broodmare Prospect: Bramble Berry (Hip 18) for $150,000
KiCourt LLC purchased recent Hurricane Bertie S. (G3) runner-up Bramble Berry for $150,000 from the consignment of J. Kent Sweezey, agent.
A five-year-old Florida-bred daughter of Brethren, Bramble Berry ran a career-best Beyer Speedfigure in the Hurricane Bertie on March 12. To date, she has won nine times in her career, with four stakes placings, on her way to earnings of $286,713.
Bramble Berry is a half-sister to multiple stakes winner Bramble Queen (Silent Name-JPN). She hails from the immediate family of Preakness S. (G1) winner Red Bullet and Grade 1 winner Silent Poet.
Top Broodmare: Suchada i/f Knicks Go (Hip 4) for $95,000
Matt Montgomery purchased young broodmare Suchada for $95,000 from the consignment of Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent.
A four-year-old daughter of Frosted, Suchada was offered carrying her first foal, and is the first mare to be offered at public auction in foal to Horse of the Year Knicks Go.
Suchada is a half-sister to Grade 1 winning millionaire Finnegans Wake (Powerscourt-GB) and Grade 2 placed stakes winner Puca (Big Brown).
Top Broodmare Prospect: Wild Empress (Hip 7) for $85,000
Stoneriggs purchased the four-year-old Empire Maker filly Wild Empress as a broodmare prospect for $85,000 from the consignment of Bluewater Sales, agent.
Wild Empress is a half-sister to Champion 2YO Filly She Be Wild (Offlee Wild). Her sire Empire Maker is responsible for the dams of Grade 1 winners Separationofpowers, Arklow, Mandaloun, Silver State, Valiance, Rock Your World, and Outwork, and of Kentucky Debry hopeful Newgrange.
Top Racing Prospect: Baladi (Hip 9) for $50,000
Intrepid Thoroughbreds/Cary Bloodstock, agent, purchased three-year-old racing prospect Baladi for $50,000 from the consignment of Godolphin.
A three-year-old gelded son of Pioneerof the Nile, Baladi was a stakes placed winner last year at two, and ran a career-best Beyer Speedfigure in his last start March 12 in open company at Fair Grounds.
Baladi is out of the Grade 2 winning Tapit mare Dancing House, herself a daughter of multiple Grade 1 winner Tout Charmant.
- White Pine (Hip 6), a three-year-old broodmare prospect by three-time Leading Sire Tapit, purchased for $60,000 by Glassman Racing from the consignment of Bluewater Sales, agent. White Pine is a half-sister to multiple stakes winner Itsmyluckycharm (Itsmyluckyday), out of a Hard Spun half-sister to Grade 1 winning millionaire Albert the Great.
- Rogue Too (Hip 3), a six-year-old broodmare prospect by First Dude, purchased for $50,000 by Happy Horse Stables from the consignment of Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent. Rogue Too won 11 times and won or placed in more than half of her 43 career starts.
- Blue Diva (Hip 11), a five-year-old stakes winning daughter of Bluegrass Cat sold as a broodmare prospect to FS, LCC for $50,000 from the consignment of Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent. Blue Diva captured the Miss America S. at three and earned more than $250,000 in her career.
- Risky Analysis (Hip 2), a half-sister to this year's Rebel S. (G2) winner Un Ojo, who sold for $40,000 to Ingordo Bloodstock, agent for West Point Thoroughbreds, from the consignment of Sequel New York, agent. A broodmare prospect by Freud, Risky Analysis was a five-time winner on the track and hit the board in 24 of 26 starts.
- Heston (Hip 15), a three-year-old ready-to-run racing prospect by Dialed In sold for $26,000 to Daniel Preiss from the consignment of Godolphin. Heston is out of the stakes winning, Grade 1 placed Unbridled's Song mare Stage Luck, a half-sister to Breeders' Cup Classic (G1) and Belmont S. (G1) winner Drosselmeyer.
Buyers may still make offers on horses that failed to meet their reserve by visiting the sale page, and then clicking “Make Offer” next to the horse they are interested in purchasing.
What They're Saying
"The platform is very interactive and I look forward to Fasig-Tipton continuing with this sales format." -Robert Slack of Stoneriggs Farm, buyer of Wild Empress for $85,000
"I'm very happy with the process and result of the Fasig Digital sale. It fills a need for constant trade in an easy, comfortable, and transparent way. We had a good turnout of people coming to the farm to see [our offerings], and they brought a fair value – a win/win option for sellers and for buyers. It was fun and I'm looking forward to doing it again." -Meg Levy of Bluewater Sales, consignor of Wild Empress ($85,000) and White Pine ($60,000)
"Overall, it was very encouraging to see that we could successfully sell offerings from across the country, and the world. We sold racehorses, broodmare prospects, in foal mares – some of which were on 2022 covers -- and an international stallion share. We had an impressive number of registered bidders from both within the United States and internationally, and we got a good feel for what the market wants in the digital space. The sale’s average price exceeded $85,600, which was great, and I think that we built positive momentum for the future. We’re already thinking about how and what we can improve for our next sale." -Leif Aaron, Fasig-Tipton Director of Digital Sales
For more information on buying and selling at future Fasig-Tipton digital auctions, please contact Leif Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859-255-1555.